Re: Automatic filtering in kmail

On Tue 11 Mar 2014 12:56:57 AM Stanley Schade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded from wheezy to jessie on a 64-bit system and as far
> as I can tell the data migration within kmail went quite smoothly.
> However, for some reasons my newly set up filters are not applied to
> incoming mail automatically. This leads to some discomfort in my user
> experience.
>
> To be a bit more concrete, kmail is set up to fetch new mail from the
> local mail folder. I have several filters that should move my mail from
> there to different folders. These filters are configured to be applied to
> incoming mail automatically, but they don't do that. If I apply the list
> of filters manually, they work as intended.
>
> I discovered that there is a filter log. I'd expect that it shows
> documents some filter action going on when new mail arrives, but it stays
> empty. Also, in the mean time I noticed that the progress bar in the
> lower left corner of kmail indicates 'Mail Filter Agent 0%'. This could
> be related to my problem.
>
> I'd be happy about any suggestion what I could do to overcome this
> problem. Maybe I should delete some configuration files, but then I don't
> know which files are relevant and I don't want to lose the entire
> configuration if possible...

I had a lot of problems with kmail2's filtering. I seemed to have to make it
apply filters on my pop3 and local folder accounts. That probably doesn't apply
if you aren't using kmail's pop support... But after I did get it filtering, it
started duplicating messages.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@fjellstrom.ca