Re: [wheezy] Nepomuk question

D. R. Evans <doc.evans@gmail.com> wrote:
> Diederik de Haas said the following at 12/09/2013 11:36 PM :
>> On Monday 09 December 2013 16:39:13 D. R. Evans wrote:
>>> Is this the expected behaviour? And if not, what do I do to turn the
>>> indexing service back on?

>> It may be too obvious, but have you checked System Setting -> Desktop Search?

> Well there it says that that Nepomuk File Indexer is enabled, and the File
> Indexing Service is not running, which seems to be consistent with (albeit in
> different words) the system tray.

> KDE seems to be differentiating between enablement and the running state, but
> there's no hint anywhere I can find as to how to force it to actually run once
> it's enabled.

Try to start nepomuk on the console, so you can check the error messages. That
can be done with nepomukctl stop and nepomukctl start.

Also, note that to have a working nepomuk you need to have virtuoso-minimal
installed.

Well, in fact you need more components:
 nepomuk uses soprano, which uses libiodbc to connect to virtuoso.

Happy debugging
--
Saludos,
Maxy