Re: Re: External hard disk mounted as root only

> Am Sonntag 07.04.2013, 08:20:27 schrieb Adriano Vilela Barbosa:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm having a mounting problem with an external USB disk I just bought.
> > I googled this up a lot, but couldn't really find a solution.
>
> Which file systems do you use for the HD and jump drive (whatever that is)?
> When they are mounted, could you just execute mount and post the relevant
> parts of the output?
>
>   --Reinhold

Ok, I think I figured this out. Apparently fat32 drives are mounted as
owned by whoever mounts them because fat32 don't have permissions. On
the other hand, for file systems who do have permissions (such as the
ones on my external USB drive), it looks like being owned by root is
the normal behavior. What I did was to create a folder within them as
root, and then I changed the ownership of the folder to my user. Now I
can write to that folder, even across mounts/unmounts. This worked for
both partitions.

Sorry to bug you guys with this.

Cheers,

Adriano