Email indexing starts from 0% in each new session

I'm not quite sure how email indexing is supposed to work. The
experience I get from the recent upgrades in unstable is that indexing
starts anew at 0% each time I start/re-login to a KDE session.

It pegs at least one core to 100% and makes the fans do overtime.
Because that rather annoys me, I had suspended email indexing. It
claimed to have indexed 9% (~60.000 emails), but when I resumed indexing
just now (same session as when I suspended it). It quickly dropped from
100%(!) through a few intermediate percentages down to 0%, now slowly
working its way back up.

The behavior I'm seeing doesn't seem right to me. Is it supposed to work
like that?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig