Override kscreenlocker_greet / run program when screen is locked

Hi,

I would like to run a program whenever KDE activates the screen locker.

AFAIK there is no ready-to-use method to just execute a program when the
screen is locked. So far, I've found out that KDE calls
/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kscreenlocker_greet to lock the screen. According to
some thread[1] that I found in the KDE forum, it should be possible to replace
that program with a wrapper script

I really don't want to replace the system-installed kscreenlocker binary,
since this is bound to break whenever kde-workspace-bin is upgraded.

Is there any way to tell KDE to use a different kscreenlocker binary?

Btw. I already tried putting an executable file called kscreenlocker_greet
into ~/.kde/lib/kde4/libexec/ and also checked that this directory is in the
executable path for kde (kde4-config --path exe).

Any tips are welcome...

[1] https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=61217