Re: Unable to get Amarok 2.8 running

I get pretty much the same warnings with Phonon on amarok 2.6 in Wheezy
so it's not the cause of your crash.

> [ERROR__] "Could not load local playlist file
> /home/rubin110/.kde/share/apps/amarok/current.xspf!"
Not having a playlist file, or a playlist file with the wrong
permissions isn't a problem.. But if your playlist file got corrupted
somehow / partially written, it might be causing Amarok to crash.  I'd
try moving it out of the way to see if that helps.

Also, try installing the -dbg packages and provide gdb output. gdb
output is useful because the Amarok log usually just contains errors the
app knows about, so those errors shouldn't cause a crash. It's the
unexpected things that are often the culprit of crashes which you can
capture with gdb backtraces.

-David