help with debugging Akonadi woes

Hi all,

I tried to take another stab at:

i.e., that KMail in Debian does not remember my OpenPGP preferences nor any
distribution lists.

This boils down to

     Akonadi::ContactSearchJob *job = new Akonadi::ContactSearchJob();
     job->setQuery( Akonadi::ContactSearchJob::Email, email );
     job->exec();

always returning with an empty result, no matter what the value of email. I've
managed to debug this slightly further:

(1) First, note that the nepomuk query seems to succeed, i.e., running

$alias nepomukcmd="sopranocmd --socket `kde4-config --path socket`nepomuk-
socket --model main --nrl"
$ nepomukcmd query 'SELECT ?person WHERE {
  ?person
<http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco#hasEmailAddress>
?email .
  ?email
<http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco#emailAddress>
"INSERTEMAILADDRESSHERE"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string> .
 }'

on the shell with INSERTEMAILADDRESSHERE replaced by an e-mail address in my
address book returns a non-empty result.

(2) I have written a small stand-alone programme that does nothing but run the
above query. I've attached it to this e-mail (I hope that's okay). It never
returns a non-empty  result. This - as far as I can see points to that it's
not really a bug in KMail but something is wrong with Akonadi.

(3) Indeed, when I run my programme or KMail I don't see any queries flying by
in akonadiconsole. That is, I open the "debugger" tab in akonadiconsole and
run my programme and all I get is:

0xc231b0 * OK Akonadi Almost IMAP Server [PROTOCOL 30]

Anyone got an idea how to debug and fix this?

Cheers,
Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht