Re: Re: KMail2

On Friday 10 May 2013 09:15:34 Diane Trout wrote:
> If you're getting prompted all the time for your password I suspect kwallet
> is  not set to allways allow.

The various accounts are all set to 'Always Allow' and even got prompted
multiple times for that setting and each time I choose the 'Allow Always'
button ...

> I think KMail2 is using a different acount resource so is being treated
> differently by kwallet.

Since the migration to KMail2 didn't work too well for me (and I'm mostly
using dIMAP), I deleted and recreated my dIMAP accounts.

> Try looking in system settings > Account Details > KDE Wallet > Access
> Control,

That shows in interesting picture ... I have quite a lot of email related
items in there (all set to Always Allow) and a whole bunch of them look like
duplicates of other entries. Example:
- didi.debian@cknow.org of type <blank>
- didi.debian@cknow.org of type IMAP E-Mail Server
And I also have 5 entries for my ownCloud (DAV) resource!
I guess it's time for a cleanup of that list.

There's also a setting "Prompt when an application accesses an open wallet",
which is checked. But does that setting apply to all requests to the wallet or
only ones which don't have 'Allow Always' policy?

Thanks for the pointer :)