Re: slow system if trayicon is animated

On Friday 16 November 2012 15:14:44 Lars Schimmer wrote:
> XOrg does use 4GB memory. After restarting X subsystem, Xorg does only
> use 200-300 MB memory and the slowness is gone - until XOrg somehow
> does want more memory

It then sounds like a problem with Xorg, not KDE. I'm not encountering the issue
you mentioned, but Xorg uses 32MB of memory (and 35MB shared mem) on my system.

I don't know how to debug/resolve this (memory leak) issue, but you probably
have to supply the following items:
- total RAM in your system
- Xorg version you're using
- Exactly which driver you're using + version
- Archive(s) you're using (you said _kde_ from sid, but what about the rest of
your system?)

Have you checked Xorg log files for issues?

Cheers,
  Diederik