Re: kde daemon crashes

On Saturday 07 July 2012 10:21:28 Jacopo Nespolo wrote:
> Can anyone suggest against which packet i should file the bug?
> Also, the crash handler reports that the backtrace is uncomplete and
> of little use.

Not yet. You still need more debug info.
You'll have enough info when the crash handler gives you 3 stars and/or says
that you have enough.

> Can anyone suggest which other debugging packages i could use?

aptitude search <keyword>.*-dbg$
Where you get <keyword> from a line which contains ?? in it's backtrace, like:
#2  0xb59b384f in ?? () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
In this case 'libglib' is a good candidate for <keyword>

> It seems to me that kde daemon is crashing every first time i open amarok.

In that case using amarok as <keyword> could also be usefull ;-)

HTH,
  Diederik