Re: Owncloud integration with KDE (on Debian)

Am Sonntag, 27. Mai 2012 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Sunday, 2012-05-27, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 26. Mai 2012 schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > Hi Diederik,
> >
> > > On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description
> > > on how to integrate owncloud with  KDE.
> > > I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a
> > > combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3,  with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
> > > As far as I know it is planned to have KDE 4.8.x in Wheezy, but not
> > > all of it. Most notable exception will be
> > > KMail/Kontact/kdepim/akonadi which 4.8.x version most likely won't
> > > make it into Wheezy.
> >
> > Where has that been said?
> >
> > I didn´t read that anywhere. Modestas wrote:
> >
> > "Yes. Wheezy will ship with Plasma Workspaces 4.8.4 probably. Some
> > less popular and useful KDE applications may remain at 4.7 though."
> >
> > in "Re: KDE 8.3 in wheezy before feature freeze in June?" thread
> >
> > But cleary doesn´t refer to KDEPIM explicetely. And I think it
> > doesn´t refer to KDEPIM at all, cause I would not consider it a less
> > popular and useful package.
> >
> > That said it may make sense to omit KDEPIM 2. But it might also be
> > good to include. I don´t know without any testing so far. kdepim and
> > kdepim-users mailinglist have gotten quieter about problems with it.
>
> Maybe it would be possible to include kdepim-runtime 4.8 (the
> resources) but keep kdepim (the apps) at 4.4?

I wonder how to best come to a decision on whether to include KDEPIM 2
completely or not. Not including it would likely keep it out of Debian for
several years to come.

And in KDE SC 4.8.4 AFAIR will be some more bugfixes again regarding it.

Maybe its time to really test it. Would be nice to have some test packages
for it for the adventurous.

Sorry for accidentally dropping Cc. I leave it dropped for now, since this
is a Debian decision not directly related to Owncloud. Feel free to add it
in again.