Re: KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.8.3 available in qt-kde.debian.net

On Monday 14 May 2012, Eshat Cakar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.8.3 has been uploaded to our semi-official
> mirrors (available for both, amd64 and i386, systems).

Installation on an up-to-date unstable system went smoothly. However,
using the updated Plasma has been rather rocky, so far. With desktop
effects enabled, KWin crashes every few minutes. I blame this more on
NVidida's driver than on KDE, and surely not on the package maintainers.

With desktop effects disabled, the contrast of text against background
in the taskbar is rather low. I'm using the "Air for netbooks" desktop
theme, where it is least bad, but still far from good. Does anyone have
an idea what I can do about this?

In the settings for Desktop Search I noticed a new checkbox "Enable
Email Indexer". Does this work separately from the File Indexer? IOW, am
I supposed to exclude the folders where KMail keeps its data from file
indexing?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig