Re: KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.8.3 available in qt-kde.debian.net

Am Montag, 14. Mai 2012 schrieb Eshat Cakar:
> Hi,

Hi Eshat, hi Debian Qt/KDE team!

> KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.8.3 has been uploaded to our semi-official
> mirrors  (available for both, amd64 and i386, systems).

Wow! Thanks a lot.

You really surprised me. Again and again I looked on git.debian.org and
didn´t see any activity. And now after I didn´t look for a while you just
did it ;).

> Note that the upload currently only contains base packages of Plasma
> Workspaces.
> Due to this partial upload [1], the packages are considered
> experimental and  targeted at experienced users of the unstable
> distribution.
> Users of debian testing might use them too, if apt-get/aptitude is not
> complaining about dependency problems.
>
> However, it is not recommended to use the repository on production
> systems. If you're fine with that, head over to
> http://qt-kde.debian.net for install instructions.

I will try it out later today, after some sleep. Production system or not.
;)

(Yes, I read your warning and know that I need to fix things up myself by
downgrading or whatever if nothing else works and I am responsible for my
decision.)

Ciao,