Re: Good music player suggestion

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Andrej Kacian <andrej+debian@kacian.sk> wrote:
Hello all,

since I can't use my favourite player MPD (doesn't play well with other
audio sources), Juk can't play HTTP streams, and Amarok crashes
whenever I try to open a HTTP stream, I am left without a usable audio
player on my laptop.

What are everyone's favourite players? I'd prefer something simpler
than amarok, I do not need the whole media center app
bullshit with lyrics, cd covers or social integration bells and
whistles that seems to be so popular nowadays - just something that
plays audio files and streams.

Thanks in advance,
Andrej

For MPD I like to use Sonata player, but now I have 2 favorite players:
    DeaDBeeF player - very lite and usefull. Distributed as static builds and have deb packages, now in debian-multimedia.org too.
    Clementine - back to nostalgie of Amarok 1.4 but on new Qt.