Re: Phonon and pulseaudio

Hi folks.
>From this long discussion it seems several people use pulseaudio in KDE.
I installed here directly with pulseaudio (no alsa-base or alsa-utils)
and here kmix always is muted (and with 0% volume level) at the first
login. I think it may be some race issue as if I logout and login
again kmix restores the volume level properly (as probably pulseaudio
is running in the background).
See: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=652039 ;(upgraded
to 4.7.4 and the bug persists).
 I don't know if this is relevant or not but, just in case:
$ cat .xsession-errors |grep -i kmix
kded(1516)/kmix sink_input_cb: Ignoring sink-input due to it being
designated as an event and thus handled by the Event slider
kmix(1868) sink_input_cb: Ignoring sink-input due to it being
designated as an event and thus handled by the Event slider

I know that I'm not alone with this as I saw other people with this
issue in the Debian user forum. Do any of you know if this can be
fixed (no workaround like arbitrarily setting a base volume level with
'kmixctrl -s')?