bug 675151: kmail vs akonadi?

Hi,

I tried - unsuccessfully - to get to the bottom of bug 675151:

I believe this to be a Debian bug and not a bug upstream is concerned about
because upstream moved away from KMail 1 a while ago. As far as I can tell

     Akonadi::ContactSearchJob *job = new Akonadi::ContactSearchJob();
     job->setQuery( Akonadi::ContactSearchJob::Email, email );
     job->exec();

always comes back empty regardless of whether there's such an e-mail in the
contact database or not. It affects OpenPGP but also seems to affect
distribution lists. I should mention that so far this bug has not been
confirmed by anyone.

I am not sure how  I should proceed to debug this and I would be grateful for
any pointers.

In any case, thanks for all the hard work you guys put into KDE on Debian!

Cheers,
Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht