Re: Trinity

I think that without any knowledge about the HW of your systems it's a bit inconsistent to talk about performance. KDE 4 is a modern DE with a lot or features that are surely resource hungry, but they are conceived for PC with modern CPUs (at least a Pentium 4 in my experience: a CPU that's 8 years old...). Its memory footprint is under 1GB with everything running (Widgets, nepomuk, databases etc) that it's fantastic compared to modern OSes like W vista or W 7. KDE 3 was very good, but leave it in its era, without fancy desktops, social networks, streaming media services, huge data collections, and  clouds.  Ciao