Re: kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 in experimental, call for testing

On Sunday June 24 2012, Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have uploaded kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 to experimental (no kdepim itself
> yet). I never expected kdepim 4.4.11 (esp. kmail 1) to work with
> kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 but apparently, it does (at least for me). Therefore,
> I started wondering if kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 + kdepim 4.4.11.1 might be a
> good combination for wheezy especially if it brings some benefits to the
> table. We still have a couple of days until Wheezy freeze (June 30) so I
> would be grateful if some brave users tested this combination on their
> systems and reported any problems or success stories.
>
> * Test if kmail, korganizer, ktimetracker, address book and the whole
> kontact work as expected.
> * Test if maybe any of your pet bugs have been fixed.
> * Test if any other features like e.g. ownCloud (hi
> Diederik! [1]) or various groupware support started to work magically.
> * Test if external akonadi resources like e.g. googledata work as expected.

I have tried the new package interested on this cloudy thing.

- kontact/akregator/notebooks: No change so far.

- kadressbug: I used to have problems with akonadi resources, local vcf file
worked well. With the new package, I can set up an akonadi resource, using
carddav (owncloud), still I had to try a couple of times to create the
resource. Now, it seems that it works better. Autofilling of adress in kmail
bar also works.

- korganizer: I had some issues adding/managing resources, problems that I
already had. I made a backup and erased everything to start from zero. When
importing a calendar I was given the option to merge it into one of the
existing calendars. The problem was the the option to choose the calendar was
given to every(?) event of the calendar. But without showing the specific
event...

Offline use of caldav/carddav also works without problems. I have added data
to them and I will check tomorrow that the sync works.

I have added akonadi resources for pop3 imap accounts, of course I have no
program to make use of the resources, but I can ckeck in akonadiconsole that
the syncronization is made, apparently without problems.

Overall I am happy with it. Still I experienced some rough edges with
addressbook and calendar, specially managing old/new resources, but I also
experienced issues with 4.4.11

Best regards,

Luis