Wheezy: Amarok won't start up

Hi all,

Amarok 2.5.0-1 won't start anymore. When I run it from the command line I get
the following output (I have the amarok-dbg package installed.):

~$ amarok --debug
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid
main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to
call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should
not do that since it most likely will not work
amarok: BEGIN: App::App()
amarok:   BEGIN: void App::continueInit()
amarok:     BEGIN: EngineController::EngineController()
amarok:     END__: EngineController::EngineController() [Took: 0s]
amarok:     BEGIN: void EngineController::initializePhonon()
[0x897e044] main services discovery error: no suitable services discovery
module
amarok: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/qt4/plugins/phonon_backend/phonon_vlc.so: undefined symbol:
libvlc_audio_filter_list_get
unnamed app(13691): Communication problem with  "amarok" , it probably
crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

When I check the kdm.log I see the following
~$ sudo tail --lines=100 /var/log/kdm.log.1
klauncher(1515) kdemain: No DBUS session-bus found. Check if you have started
the DBUS server.
kdeinit4: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
kdmgreet(1488)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned
initialize() D-Bus call failed:  "Not connected to D-Bus server"

In the other logs I checked I couldn't find anything interesting.

I tried to rename ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/ but that didn't change anything.

Anyone else seen this, or anyone an idea what I can try?

Cheers,

Robert