Re: KDE SC 4.7.4 uploaded to sid

08/03/2012 14:41, José Manuel Santamaría Lema wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday Ana and Pino finished the uploads of KDE SC 4.7.4. That doesn't mean
> that we can assure that all the packages are available in your local mirror,
> but probably they are already updated, so it's a reasonable moment to upgrade
> from 4.6.5 to 4.7.4. As always, I recommend you to pay atttention to the
> packages that your package manager is willing to remove.
>
> If you are wondering "my package manager is willing to remove the foo package,
> is it ok to remove it?" please read the "Packages Renamed" section of this old
> 4.7 announcement mail:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2011/11/msg00018.html
> Also, removing libscience4 is fine. If you still have doubts, don't hesitate to
> ask for help.
>
> For those who installed 4.7.4 from experimental following the instructions in
> our homepage: please remove the /etc/apt/preferences.d/kde-experimental file.
> After removing that file, update your system and make sure that the libkdecore5
> version is at least 4:4.7.4-3, you can do it with
> apt-show-versions libkdecore5
> Also, just for your information, you can check which experimental packages are
> installed on your system with:
> apt-show-versions | grep experimental

Hi, after upgrading from 4.6 I have a bug with marble globe used as a
desktop background, it makes plasma crash very quickly. I moved aside my
".kde" folder, and in the new session I set marble as desktop
background, plasma crashes very quickly and kept crashing when restarted.

After some grep'ing I replaced "marble" with "image" in
".kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc" and got a stable plasma again.

I am on amd64 with NVidia closed-source drive if it matters.

Anyone can confirm this ?