Enforcing some KDE configs

  Hi all --

  I have a situation where I want to set certain KDE desktop attributes
for all users in KDE 4 on Debian "squeeze", and not allow users to change
them.  Specifically, I want to turn off nepomuk and nepomuk/strigi, because
our systems have NFS-mounted user home directories, and "desktop search"
plays havoc with the NFS server.

  I thought I could do this by putting the appropriate nepomukserverrc
and nepomukstrigirc files in /etc/kde4/share/config, after copying these
files out of an example home directory's $HOME/.kde/share/config directory,
where they had been turned off.

  I also tried appending "[$i]" to all the group stanzas in the config
files, I read somewhere that this was supposed to lock stuff down.

  However, this didn't work, or at least, when I restored the pre-shutoff
files to the account and logged in again, nepomuk was running.  I found
some documentation about order-of-operations and search paths for KDE
config files, but it seems to be for KDE3, and I haven't found any for
KDE4 specifically, has the scheme changed?

  I am also confused about the order of precedence -- the docs seem
to say that the KDEHOME files always have the highest precedence, but
also have some discussion about the [$i] scheme to lock things down,
which I suppose means that the [$i] scheme overrides the precedence
scheme, but I have not yet run across a clear statement to that effect
in the docs, and I can't seem to make it work.

  By way of explanation/apology, as a sysadmin I am generally strongly
in favor of maximal user control, and I'm not really fond of the idea
of locking down settings, but the sad fact in this case is that the
defaults are killing the server, and as the "squeeze" roll-out picks
up, it's only going to get worse.

  Thanks in advance for extra clues...

                                      -- A.
--