Re: Once again - akonadi google calendar sync

On Wednesday 17 August 2011 at 15:25:59, Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 August 2011 15:04:20 Bjoern Franke wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 16. August 2011, 22:14:37 schrieb Dietz Pröpper:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > has anyone recently been able to get the google calendar agent to run
> > > reliable on unstable?
> > >
> > > Mine gets stuck while trying to synchronize, on 9 of 10 tries, which
> > > renders it completely unuseable.
> >
> > Does google calender support caldav or sth like that?
>
> Hi, you can use DAVical with the following path:
>
> https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[ your Google Calendar ID ]/events
>
> If you want to access your primary calendar/if you have only one calendar,
> you can plug in your google mail address. Also for user name you have to
> use your google mail address (with the whole address
> [username]@googlemail.com).
>
> Greetings,
>    Andreas
>
> PS: afaik for the DAVical resource you need KDEPIM >= 4.6

Same problem as Dietz here !

Akonadi gcal ressource synchronization seems to work only the first time, when the gcal agent is just
created.

I can see google events in korganizer but when I modify calendar (from the google website) there's
no updates in korganizer. And when I try to sync manually with akonadiconsole and it freezes.

About the CalDAV I'm confused :

- DAViCal seems to be a CalDAV server, but here we need a CalDAV client right ?

- Altough I'm under KDE 4.6.5 I can't see any CalDAV client in the Akonadi agents list...

- Why a dedicated Google Calendar agent exists for Akanodi since generic CalDAV client agent coud do
the same work (but not only for Google servers) ?

Thanks for your help,

Vincent.