Adding a URI handler to KDE

Hello,

I would like to handle an URI of the form xyz://bla when embedded in a HTML or
PDF document by starting an application appxzy with the argument

	appxyz xyz://bla

I tried to add an application and an URI in System Settings->Advanced->File
associations, but that did not help. What kind of surprises me, is that for
the uri type the examples specify the protocol name only in the name and
description field. Do I miss something here?

Any hints or comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Rainer

--