Re: How to rescue a screwed up install of KDE on wheezy

Victor Nitu <victor@debian-linux.ro> writes:

> On 10/09/2011 07:37 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
>> kde-full was installed on a newishly installed wheezy OS.
>>
>> When I rebooted I got a KDM login and was then dropped into an X
>> session with only a terminal emulator and black backdrop.  No
>> icons, panels or etc.  Further no menus produced by clicking any mouse
>> buttons.
> What exactly were your options in KDM login? I mean, which sessions
> could you have chosen then?

Sorry... that was an error on my part.  I saw a gui login and just
took it to be the kde one.  It did not look like the gnome one.

Turned out not to be the kde login after all.  So to this point I have
never yet raised a kde login.

I can get an X session by going to a virtual terminal and starting
fluxbox on display :1 with startx -- :1
(and with .xinitrc set to execute startfluxbox)

Sorry for the mis-information