Bug in SystemSettings Samba KDE Squeeze?

By default the Samba section of SystemSettings for KDE in Squeeze is
greyed out.

SystemSettings => Advanced => Samba

Shouldn't this module load with ksu, prompt for root password when loaded?
As a workaround I created Menu entry (using MenuEditor) called SAMBA
Config in the System Category, set it to call "kcmshell4 kcmsambaconf"
with Launchfeedback enabled, run as root.

Squeeze was installed using "expert desktop=kde" and "allow login as
root" was selected".

Has anyone using sudo (disallow login as root) tried the default setup
of the Samba module in SytemSettings and found it to work?

Did I maybe miss a setting a Policy?

Cheers.
--
"I can't watch TV longer than five minutes without praying for nuclear
holocaust."