phonon-backend-vlc uses alsa instead of pulseaudio
For me it seems that for some time now (I did not really play attention and ingored the issue for a while) audio is not working from KDE programs. When I start some video from dragon I get some sound but it is mostly quit with some low noise.
Playing the same video works flawlessly from vlc.
Today I have tried to find the reasons and started pavucontrol. There it can be seen that when vlc is running it goes through pulseaudio directly, but when dragon is running, the audio arrives to pulseaudio through the alsa pulse plugin I have configured.
I haven't yet tried if the xine backend works or not, but I wanted to ask if anybody has seen something like this.