Digikam + Nepomuk: hundreds of synthetic tags

I'm using KDE 4.6.2 from experimental-snapshots and Digikam 2:1.9.0-1
(re-compiled to work with 4.6.2). Looking around in the new settings
offered by Digikam, I enabled "Store metadata from Digikam in Nepomuk"
and "Read metadata from Nepomuk" (both in the settings for Metadata >
Nepomuk).

This had the intended effect of making image ratings and tags visible in
Dolphin. At least I can search for ratings in Dolphin, I haven't found
out about tags yet.

Unfortunately, there was another non-intended, negative effect. In
Digikam, I now have literally hundreds of new tags like this

  nepomuk:/res/d3039469-bfc4-48ab-beaf-2717ae1ccb8a

As they make no sense at the user-level, I neither need nor want them.
Presumably these tags have some internal purpose in Nepomuk, therefore I
haven't yet started to delete them again manually. Besides, as I could
only delete them individually, this would be a rather tedious chore.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the purpose of these tags? Is there any
good reason that they are visible in Digikam? Is there a way to get rid
of them, like munging Digikam's sqlite database?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de