Re: KDE-SC 4.6.x?

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Saturday 02 April 2011 15:33:05 Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am just curious where the development and discussion to KDE-SC 4.6.x
>> > is happening.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > - Sedat -
>> >
>> > [1] http://qt-kde.debian.net/
>> > [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-qt-kde/
>>
>> Wow huhu :-)
>>
>> - Sedat -
>>

>> # LC_ALL=C apt-get dist-upgrade -d
[...]
> You are probably upgrading testing+qt-kde.debian.n which does not work well.
> Try aptitude. Maybe that will be smarter.
>

> --
> Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>

Hi Modestas,

congrats to kde-4.6.1 roll-out!
I was a bit surprising to me - maybe only for me or due to my absence
on IRC - as I checked approx. 24hrs <qt-kde.debian.net> and there was
4.5.x news listed. OK, I saw the progress/status in the GIT repos, but
didn't guess the fun will be today.

Unfortunately, I had some manual rework.
IIRC first thing was I missed startkde (-> ~/.xinitrc): I installed
kde*-workspace-bin.
The min|max|close buttons were gone and windows could not be moved
etc., IIRC I installed the kde-window-manager to fix this.
OK, I made a simple d-u in sid as normally, did not see/follow the
instructions to upgrade my 4.5.x (see <qt-kde.debian.net>).

Anyway, with removing orphans (deborphan), manually throwing away old
cruft stuff (Oops, I had kpdf and the 3.5.10 libs still installed :-))
and substituting 4.5.x pkgs with 4.6.x ones, I can say 4.6.1 works
nicely.
And I guess I got rid of some latest sidux pkgs here.
Strange was I could not upgrade to the polkit stuff with version
0.99.0, so I did:

$ apt-get install -t experimental $pkgname=$version

On my todo-list is to turn off the nepomuk stub(?) warning at
kde-startup and the enery-/pm tray-icon seems not to work properly. To
be honest, I would turn off nepomuk completely.
Any advice?

Good work and nice to see new faces in the commit highscore.

Regards,
- Sedat -