Re: Mouse disapeared after update of KDE to squeeze 6.0.1

Are you using the i386 packet?
Try this:
http://snapshot.debian.org/package/linux-2.6/2.6.32-30/#linux-image-2.6.32-5-686_2.6.32-30
(download it and install it with 'dpkg -i')
Or add a line like the following in your sources.list:
deb http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20110301T120000Z/ squeeze main
and downgrade the kernel with apt or aptitude.
More infos at http://snapshot.debian.org/

Downgrading the kernel is only a workaround. This bug will be fixed in the next point release of squeeze. (I think you are using a Intel chip)