Re: What about...

In <[🔎] 201008110954.49842.lkml@ds.gauner.org>, Dominik Schulz wrote:
>Am Mittwoch, 11. August 2010, 02:09:40 schrieb Ana Guerrero:
>> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 01:00:20AM +0200, Marco Valli wrote:
>> > ... KDE SC 4.5.0 in Sid?
>> > regards
>>
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/08/msg00000.html
>>
>> Read after "Current status".
>
>Ok, squeeze is chilly and 4.5 won't make it into squeeze anymore. I think
>thats a good decision. But what about an unofficial/experimental package?
>Any chance? That'd be great.

I'd rather our Debian team concentrate on fixing bugs in 4.4.  I'd like it to
be in good shape by the time Squeeze is actually released.  Maintenance of 4.4
(as far as backporting fixes, particularly security fixes) is likely going to
be a pain throughout the Squeeze lifetime, so might as well get used to it
now.

The team is small and overworked, so they may not have time for both, and I'm
certainly willing let my sid/experimental systems get a bit behind upstream to
have a more bug-free stable system on Squeeze release day.

(NB: I'm not implying the the KDE 4.4 packages are buggy. 8 outstanding, rc-
level bugs is fairly awesome(ly low) for the amount of source code maintained
by a team of such a (small) size.)