Re: Where does Kontact save contacts?

[This is a follow-up to an old thread, therefore I've left the context
below.]

On Monday 21 June 2010, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > > So, the interesting question remains: where are my contacts?
> >
> > It seems they are currently only in the cache.
> > You can try this:
> > create a vcard resource, chose any filename.
> >
> > Copy the contacts to that resource.
>
> I have created a single file vcard resource, copied all the contacts
> there and deleted them from the original resource. Then I have copied
> everything back and re-sync'd the resource and now, apparently, it
> keeps the directory contents synchronized. So now it works, although
> I can't say exactly why.

As it happens, the day I wrote the above paragraph is the date of the
latest .vcf file in ~/.local/share/contacts. I have added contacts since
then, but they are *not* saved in files at that location.

Also, in KMail trying to select a recipient by searching in Address book
"Contacts" doesn't find anything at all. "Recent Addresses" does work.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de