Re: Where does Kontact save contacts?

On Monday 21 June 2010, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Monday, 2010-06-21, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > I'm flabbergasted. I thought I understood where and how
> > Kontact/KAddressbook saves contact data, i.e. in
> > ~/.local/share/contacts. So it says in the properties for my
> > "Personal Contacts" address book. Well, if I change any contact
> > information, Kontact does save it somewhere, as the change is
> > still there are a restart. But the change does *not* show up in
> > that directory.
> >
> > The address book is not marked as "read only" and the directory is
> > writable. KDE is from current unstable.
>
> That sounds like a bug, the resource should have written the file
> moments after the contact got added to Akonadi.
>
> Can you run "akonadiconsole" and check what the status of the
> resource is? When you click on it, the bottom section should show
> something like "Status: Online, Idle"

The resource is online, idle an has been every time I looked. In the
meantime, I've restarted Kontact multiple times, but as far as I can
tell from the modification times and file contents in that directory,
changes are not written. Neither are they picked up, when I change one
of the .vcf files there manually.

So, the interesting question remains: where are my contacts?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de