Proxy authentication problem with konqueror, in case of some websites

Hello,

I prefer using konqueror for browsing. Mine is a workplace machine and
for browsing, i need to provide username and password for a proxy
server account. I can browse most webpages with konqueror. However,
in case of certain sites, when i try to open them using konqueror, it
asks again for proxy server username and password (which had already
been provided at the beginning of the browsing session). When i
provide the username and password, it says:

"Proxy Authentication Failed. Do you want to retry?"

with options to 'Retry' or 'Cancel'.

And no matter how many times i retry, it gives the same message. If i
select 'Cancel', i get the message:

The requested operation could not be completed
Request Aborted By User
Details of the Request:
Date and Time: Sunday 20 Jun 2010 2:58 pm
Additional Information: authproxy.serc.iisc.ernet.in
The request was not completed because it was aborted.
Possible Solutions:
Retry the request.
mentioned in the above error message:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/

Another example:
http://www.andy-roberts.net/misc/latex/

I do not face this problem with iceweasel browser, so it is a
konqueror specific issue.

There is another proxy server that allows me to browse the web without
username and password at certain times. I do not face problems in
opening the above webpages, when i use that server, so the problem is
with the way username and password are being handled.

I have configured the proxy server through the standard settings:

Settings --> Configure Konqueror --> Web Browsing --> Proxy -->
Manually specify the proxy settings

I am using konqueror 4:4.4.4-1 from debian sid. However, i have been
facing this problem with all versions of konqueror, including those
from debian stable (lenny). I am using icewm window manager, so do not
have full-fledged kde or gnome installed.

Thanks for any advice.

Please 'cc' the replies to me, as i am not subscribed to the
debian-kde list.

Regards,
arvind

believed to be clean.