Re: Akonadi with external MySQL

Alle Thursday 10 June 2010, Modestas Vainius ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> On ketvirtadienis 10 Birželis 2010 10:29:08 Valerio Passini wrote:
> > Yes, they do. Occasionally, I have to reload kontact since akonadi
> > seem slower to start and load its data, and this sometime leads to
> > unavailable resources.
> > At the beginning of the migration from the embedded MySQL to the
> > external one, I had to carefully choose which resources I wanted to
> > migrate. I have kabc with a single std.vcf with all my contacts and
> > this affected my choices during the wizard stage.
>
> Hmm, contacts are stored in std.vcf file, not akonadi. Akonadi is
> just a "proxy" and metadata storage. So I don't really understand
> what data you had to migrate.
>
> However, once kmail starts using akonadi, there will be kept some
> interesting data like extended status of emails or offline IMAP
> metadata.

Now I have understood that the contacts data are always stored in kabc
as std.vcf files, but as I told before, akonadi configured for using an
external MySQL server was not caring at all about it and Contacts was
completely empty.
Even without knowing the internal structure of the way akonadi
stores/shows data, I made the right steps to make it work. It's a raw
process, but it worked.