Re: broken kde notifications

Hello,

On sekmadienis 06 Birželis 2010 12:50:40 Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Hello Modestas,
>
> On Sunday 06 Jun 2010 14:24:27 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> > > Here's the link to the screenshot.
> > > http://www.researchut.com/tmp/knotify.jpeg
> >
> > Terminate GNOME processes?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. The screenshot shows kopete notifying
> through some GNOME notification. My installation tends to be gnome
> minimal. Acutally, I don't have any gnome apps installed. Whatever is
> there is mostly libs pulled as dependencies.
>
> Can you be specific on what GNOME processes ? My check did not yield even a
> single one. I do have a bunch of gtk processes (wicd, virt-manager)

I don't know, I'm not a GNOME expect nor I want to be. But afaik notifications
are desktop-independent and relayed through DBus. So there is a GNOME
application listening on the specific DBus signal (I guess `qdbus
org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications` stuff) and
preventing KDE plasma desktop from taking the service over.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>