Re: Squeeze and KDE4.4

Hello,

On penktadienis 02 Balandis 2010 17:55:28 Valerio Passini wrote:
> Alle venerdì 02 aprile 2010, Modestas Vainius ha scritto:
> >  Current release process dictates that Debian
> >
> > (unlike ubuntu) will more likely delay the freeze/release/whatever
> > (i.e.  release when ready)
>
> The fact is that I personally love the idea to keep a kind of
> synchronization between Ubuntu and Debian, for mutual improvement. On
> the other side I was scared that a freeze now would disadvantage KDE in
> respect of GNOME.
>
> From the message read on debian-devel regarding the next stable release,
> I have understood that Debian is seeking a compromise between completely
> missing the goal of staying near Ubuntu's release, and leaving some of
> the planned features outside. Wisely KDE4.4 is not among those dropped
> feautures, that's enough for me.

There was much confusion about this Squeeze vs. Ubuntu LTS thing including
infamous meetings of release managers and Shuttleworth PR games. In the end
this only got some Debian Developers extremely pissed off due to lack of
communication, a bunch of flamewars and a couple of false announcements with
unrealistic freeze dates to confuse users. So now we are where we are: LTS
will do their "release" while Debian won't be even frozen at that point.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>