Kontact Summary view doesn't show birthdays anymore

Hello all,

I'm running KDE 4.4.1 (from experimental-snapshots) and I just noticed that birthdays don't show up
in Kontact's summary view, while it did before.
In the Summary settings, Upcoming Events section, I've checked that "Show birthdays" was checked and
just in case unchecked/checked that setting again to no avail.

Does anyone else experience the same? What can be done about it?

Regards,
  Diederik