Re: KDE4 with 1 GB RAM ?

Dne neděle 14 Únor 2010 Modestas Vainius napsal(a):
> What's xserver-xorg-core version and what does
>
> # pmap -d `pidof X`
>
> say when swapping starts?

My xserver-xorg-core is somewhat outdated (1.4.2-10), because I've had
some serious problems with the new intel drivers so I decided to stick
with what works for a while.  Do you think an upgrade might help?
I haven't tried the latest intel drivers in a while, so I'll give it a
shot soon.

I haven't been using the system much today and it's still quite
responsive, though noticeably less than earlier today.

The output of the command you wrote for a freshly restarted X is here:
http://pastebin.com/f7ef8222
As of now it says this:
http://pastebin.com/f2b2730b9
The lines that changed are highlighted.
I'll leave the system running overnight and get the output when the system
becomes even swappier.