Re: Digikam-doc is old, [now] Lokalized screenshots

Alle venerdì 12 febbraio 2010, José Manuel Santamaría Lema ha scritto:
> Hi Valerio,
>
> Mark have uploaded an updated digikam-doc to unstable, however note
>  that while your italian *.po files are 100% translated (thank you
>  for your work), there are no localized screenshots for italian, even
>  there are some screenshots from the KDE 3 old days in english.
>
> If you have enough spare time, you might want to help in upstream
>  with this problem; if this is the case, ask your coordinator how to
>  proceed.

Realizing screenshots is really time consuming and is less useful than
translating GUI and Docs, anyhow, now that I only need to maintain
documentation, since only small changes are introduced upstream, I will
quickly start this work.
If every translator is going to localize the screenshots (.png format)
of digikam-doc as I hope, then you will face an increase in digikam-doc
size. It's just a modest proposal, but what do you think about splitting
documentation in single packages like digikam-doc-es, digikam-doc-de,
etc. and have digikam-doc as meta-package which installs the proper
localized version considering environmental variables? Is it feasible?

Valerio