Re: kde pim + calendar + imapserver

On 2010-12-24, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to configure an scenario with a imap server (dovecot) (or
> whatever) and some clients using korganizer/outlook/lightning/sunbird
> whatever.
>
> The idea is to have some server to provide calendar and addressbook to
> some users.

While a groupware server will include a mailserver, the reverse is not the
case. Dovecot is a mailserver, not a groupware server, so if you want more
then just mail you installed the wrong thing.

For groupware servers see for instance kolab or citadel (there's
undoubtfully more, but these 2 come to mind of the top of my head)

> I have tried to configure kmail/groupware/etc with dovecot
> and calendar, etc but without success.
>
> The current version of kdepim (squeeze) supports this feature? Some of
> you have some good combination for this? Will we have in squeeze some
> groups of packages that could provide this with kde?

kolab was developped from the outset in cooperation with the kde-pim devs,
and for kde, so thats probably your best bet (that said I haven't personally
run it as simple mail is enough for my needs)
--
Cheers, Cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)