Re: Phonon occasionally working

Hi.

I don't know if it's the same for Squeeze, but unstable KDE packages
depend on Pulseaudio.

I've suffered the same problem recently. It was due to programs using
ALSA (chrome and VirtualBox) mixed with KDE programs using Pulseaudio.
I soved it by forcing ALSA to use Pulseaudio: put the following in
/etc/asound.conf:

8<------------------------------------------
pcm.pulse {
    type pulse