[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Konqueror with KDE 4.5.1 unusable slow in calendar view with very high CPU usage (was: Fwd: [Bug 250823] ...)

This should have gone to debian-kde instead of debian-qt-kde, sorry. I now 
also found out were it is slow. They comment #4 in the bug report 
mentioned below.


I found Korganizer to be unusable slow after upgrading to KDE SC 4.5.1. 
With KDE 4.4.5 Korganizer was usable.

Anyone else?

I reported upstream. If it turns out to be a packaging bug, I will close 
it there.

Now grepping in the ICS file for the event I liked to find by browsing the 
calender. Hopefully a solution can be found soon, otherwise I will 
downgrade. I depend on Korganizer.


----------  Weitergeleitete Nachricht  ----------

Subject: [Bug 250823] New: unusable slow in calendar view with very high 
CPU usage
Date: Freitag 10 September 2010
From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de>
To: Martin@lichtvoll.de


           Summary: unusable slow in calendar view with very high CPU
           Product: korganizer
           Version: unspecified
          Platform: Debian unstable
        OS/Version: Linux
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: NOR
         Component: general
        AssignedTo: [... Korganizer Developers ...]
        ReportedBy: Martin@Lichtvoll.de

Created an attachment (id=51529)
 --> (http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=51529)
strace -fF korganizer: starting it and clicking around in calender views

Version:           unspecified (using KDE 4.5.1) 
OS:                Linux

Since upgrading from KDE 4.4.5 to KDE 4.5.1 Korganizer is unusable slow on 
ThinkPad T42 with Pentium M 1.8 GHz. On a click it takes upto 10 seconds 
more with CPU usages such as 70% (the other 30% for Nepomuk Desktop search
processes + Virtuoso). I want to find a certain event by browsing the 
but I will now resort to grepping the calendar file.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
Start Korganizer and see. I think you wouldn't have released it if did 
on every system and with every configuration, but I do not yet know what
triggers this behavior.

Actual Results:  
Korganizer is unusably slow and uses lots of CPU time.

Expected Results:  
Korganizer is at least as snappy as it was with KDE 4.4.5.

It appears that the slowness only affects the calendar view, be it a day, a
week or a months. The task list is snappy. Once a view has been built it 
usable, but when I click on another day it takes ages again.


Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald - http://www.Lichtvoll.de
GPG: 03B0 0D6C 0040 0710 4AFA  B82F 991B EAAC A599 84C7

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

Reply to: