plasma-netbook not auto-starting on a fresh install

Hi list,

I hope posting this here is appropriate. I just got myself a new Eee PC
recently and installed Debian on it. I decided I'd give plasma-netbook a try,
so I installed that package, rather than plasma-desktop, along with the rest
of a typical workspace (kde-standard and several others).

I quite like using plasma-netbook, but the problem is that it never starts
automatically when I log in. I always have to alt-F2 and use krunner to launch
it. Google found me a couple of work-arounds that will probably do the job,
but I'm not sure what the "correct" approach is.

It ought to start on its own, right? It's basically a fresh install, so I'm
not sure what the problem is. Anyone with similar experience, or know what I
should do in this situation?

Peace,
Brendon