Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Friday 07 May 2010 03:26:34 Curt Howland wrote:
> There are lots of people who are interested in having KDE3
> continue, as opposed to being "forced to upgrade" to

This is what I don't understand about this conservation.

This is free software, nobody is forced to do anything.

You are free to upgrade to KDE4, you are free to keep your system running with
KDE3 for as long as you want.  Hey I still have one system running KDE2 for
stability reasons, its a router.

You are free to fork the KDE3 lenny packages and provide bug fixes for as long
as you want. You are free to run KDE3 lenny without bug fixes for as long as
you want.

The Debian KDE maintainers are free to remain in sync with upstream.

Mark