KDED4 blocking Weather Applets

Hi,
since this seems to be the time to complain about KDE, I'd like to ask for
help on an old issue: kded4 prevent the plasma weather applets from working.
When I login to my KDE session the weather applets fail to retrieve any data.
I've confirmed with Wireshark/TCPdump that there is no network traffic at that
time. As soon as I kill kded4 the weather applets startk working immedeately.
Is there are another workaround than killing kded4 (since that messes up some
other things in KDE) or, even better, a fix available?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Dominik