Processes Run at Nice 19!

I still have not gotten to the root of this very annoying problem.

In the earliest KDE4 versions, stuff started up at the normal default nice of
0 (priority 20). I had a renice script to get all those akonadi daemons niced
out of the way so kde4 would be usable.

One version (4.2.*) had stuff starting at 0, priority 40 (did not know there
was such an animal) but it played nicely.

After that, it seems, everything of kde4's menus, desktop icons, anything it
spawns is being niced to 19. This renders kde4 unusable. So my renicer script
sets plasma-desktop, kmail and several of the core utilities back to 0 so I
can use it. But this workaround is no answer.

I have no idea why this is going on. Any ideas?