Re: Phonon and audio systems in general

Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,

> On sekmadienis 14 Kovas 2010 01:57:51 Andreas v. Heydwolff wrote:
>> may arise. ALSA output from apps gets integrated into pulseaudio which
>> in turn can output to ALSA devices.

> If anything, this covers very nicely why I hate PA.

I can understand your point but with the extra pulse layer I could run
Windows in Virtualbox with full duplex sound while being able to use
sound output from other apps on the host. Without pulse Vbox would grab
/dev/dsp and block it for anything else, or it would be shut out. I
agree that in simple standard setups pulse may be superfluous.

Andreas