Iceweasel doesn't close when run on KDE

Hi.

Any of you have experienced the annoying issue of Iceweasel not really closing after quit it, hear how your computer's fan starts to blow furiously and go checking system monitor to see that firefox-bin or xulrunner are still running and eating your processor? or closing IW, launch it again and get an irritating message: "Iceweasel is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Iceweasel process, or restart your system."?

Well, in my computer this happens only when I run IW on KDE, never on Gnome. I have tried a clean user account, disabling extensions, and the result is always the same: no problem on Gnome, malfunction on KDE about 25% of the times, and with an apparently arbitrary behavior, ergo I think it's a KDE issue; what I don't know if it it's an upstream bug or a distro specific one. Any hint?
I don't have any other window manager for KDE installed; don't know either if I could tell KDE 4 to use Metacity to test. Has someone tried it under Compiz or any other WM?

Regards.