Re: where to file bug report?

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 11:57 PM, Andreas v. Heydwolff
<listmail@sandpsych.at> wrote:
> This bug report about the wrongly hard-coded color mask in gwenview
> (incidentally wrong only in the proper images, the thumbnails have the
> right colors) appeared in the Ubuntu bug track system:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com/msg1848234.html
>
> I have exactly the same problem on Debian with KED 4.3. But wouldn't a
> KDE or QT list be a more appropriate place for reporting this than a
> distro specific site? Or should I add the same kind of report to the
> Debian bugs?

Yes, it is preferable to report such issues directly to the KDE or Qt
bug tracking system (for KDE and Qt bugs respectively), unless you
want the distro maintainers to be aware of the bug (for example in
case you believe it may be a packaging issue or there is a patch
available that you would like the maintainers to apply to packages,
etc...)

So, for KDE bugs refer to https://bugs.kde.org and for Qt bugs to
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/.
And keep in mind that It is always a good idea to check if the bug is
already reported, so that you don't report it again. There are people
that are really having a hard time sorting out duplicate reports.

Thanks,
George