Re: Linux-kbuild

Alle sabato 14 marzo 2009, Herbert S. ha scritto:
> After doing a) you can run the NVIDIA-installation program (Download it
> from the NVIDIA Homepage (the ONE that I use is:
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86-177.82-pkg1.run )
>
> Herbert

I don't agree on this point. Why do you mess your system when packages are available? If you want nvidia drivers 180.29, you only need to install nvidia-kernel-source and nvidia-glx from the experimental repository (the latest drivers are always there).
If you have a kernel which makes you happy, keep it along with a kernel compiled by yourself. You will have an higher degree of freedom doing that. i.e. if you buy a new piece of hardware you could need to compile a recent kernel that has the right module for it, without waiting for a new kernel package from Debian.It's up to you.
Bye

Valerio